Become part of the Gordon Parks Way!
2017 School Supplies Drive:
We need your help to provide school supplies necessary so our students have everything they need to get started in August. As you already know, 100% of our students qualify for free/reduced lunch program through the federal government, which means school supplies are not top of their priority list. Here's how you can help!
Tierney is our preferred vendor, but not required. They have set up our school supplies needs list for our students. This is an easy and convenient way to order and provide the needed school supplies for our students. Through Tierney, you can shop online, order the quantity you’d like and it will be delivered directly to school labeled for the appropriate classroom.
A few things to keep in mind:
- These supplies are tax free through Tierney.
- The teachers have requested certain brands and types due to the stage of learning and activities required in the classroom.
- If you’d like to come to school and meet the students and be part of this kind of giving, we would be happy to schedule a time in August when the students have returned and you can visit, meet and see how important our school supplies drive is to our Gordon Parks family. We’d love to have you come by and visit!
We offer three ways for you to donate:
- Use the PayPal buttons on this page.
- Donate through the DAFdirect form on this page.
- Mail your donation to Gordon Parks Elementary School, 3715 Wyoming, Kansas City, MO 64111.
Gordon Parks Elementary School is a non-profit public charter school, serving low income families living in the urban-core of Kansas City, Missouri. Gordon Parks receives federal and state tax funding; however, government funds do not cover all the costs of our enriched educational environment, which includes:
- Our Responsive Classroom approach to learning and enriching the lives of our students.
- Two full-time teachers in each classroom to fully support the academic goals of our students.
- Our five-person CARE Team who help take care of the social, emotional, physical well-being of our students, staff and families.
Your gift to our school is an investment in the future of our students and the future of our community. Please join us as a Gordon Parks Partner!
Please contact Sarah Dee at 816-753-6700 for more information regarding financial donations. All monetary gifts are tax deductible to the extent allowed by law.
Would you like to receive emails and get the latest information? Subscribe now to receive the email version.